- What is DU CourseMedia?
DU CourseMedia is a course media management system that helps instructors organize and present media materials (images, video and audio).
Instructors can create media galleries that can be accessed by their students online. Instructors have access to large collection of art and world history images, library reserve videos and audio works.
Instructors must request access to use DU CourseMedia by completing the online request form.
- As an instructor, how do I request a new video for DU CourseMedia?
If you are an instructor, please complete the library e-reserve web form at : http://library.du.edu/services/reserves/index.html or email them at email@example.com
- I am having trouble with DU CourseMedia, who do I contact for assistance?
Call 303-871-2084 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- What instructor features does DU CourseMedia have?
- Create high quality image and video presentations for your students.
- Use copyright-sensitive media in a fair use protected website.
- Create video or audio clips using our online media editor tool.
- Display your gallery video clips within a Blackboard course.
- Upload your own images into a gallery.
- Create gallery text slides.
- Import external video (YouTube) into a gallery.
- Supports complex language characters (Russian, Korean, Arabic etc...).
- Create discussion board activities.
- Move and copy galleries to other instructor's accounts.
- Allow your students to create their own personal research galleries.
- What is a gallery?
DU CourseMedia presentations are organized by course galleries. A gallery can be composed of images, audio clips, video clips or text slides.
Instructors galleries are never deleted and can be used again each new academic quarter. Students can log into DU CourseMedia to view your materials.
- How do I create a gallery?
- Login into DU CourseMedia
- Click "Gallery Management".
If you are an instructor, you can create course galleries and personal galleries.
If you are a student, you can only create personal galleries.
- Click "Create New Gallery"
- Add your gallery name, description and select the display options that your prefer. Click "Submit".
- Add gallery media materials to your new gallery. You have two main options.
One, click on "Media Search" link to locate objects in our system.
Two, add you own images or video links.
- If you want to add a video item to your gallery, follow the instructions listed below.
- Once you have added a few gallery objects, go the the DU CourseMedia homepage and make sure the course gallery can be accessed by your students. Green dots indicate that your student have access to your gallery. Click on the green or red dot on the gallery icon to make the gallery visible of invisible to students.
- How do I add a library video to my gallery?
- Create a gallery.
- Click "Media Search".
- Click the Videos tab (this is only seen by instructors).
- Click a video title you wish to use.
- Play video.
- DU CourseMedia requires instructors to create video clips. This is done by playing the video and pressing the "In" and "Out" buttons on the video editor tool. The duration of a video clip is up to the instructor.
- Select the gallery that you wish to add the video clip to and press submit.
- NOTE: Make sure that your course galleries are active if you wish for your students to see your gallery.
- How do I add images to my gallery?
After you have created a gallery, you have two options:
One, click "Media Search" on the left menu and then click "Images" to locate images in our art history collection.
Two, upload your own images on the gallery page by clicking "Add" and selecting "Personal Image" .
- How do my students get access to my gallery?
Instruct them to go to http://coursemedia.du.edu/ and use their student ID and passcode to login.
NOTE: Make sure your course gallery is set for student access. This is quickly done by going to the homepage and clicking on the green or red activation icon.
- Can students create their own galleries?
Yes but with limitations. Students can only create video clips from your instructor gallery.
- How do I add video from YouTube?
YouTube offers users embed source code that you can copy and paste into DU CourseMedia. Locate the video you want to include on YouTube.
The embed code by YouTube is normally located near the video itself, click "Share" > "Embed". Uncheck the box called "Show suggested videos when the video finishes" to avoid other videos clips.
Copy the embed code that is highlighted in the box. Return back to your gallery and click "Add" and select "YouTube", paste the embed code in the box called "Video iframe Embed Code:"
- How long are my course galleries available?
We do gallery audits every year on gallery usage. We will notify you if your gallery has not been accessed by you or your students in over two years.
If a gallery has not be used in the last two years, we will send you an email notifying you if it is okay to delete your gallery.
- Can students view my course videos from off-campus?
Yes if your students are using a high speed internet connection. We recommend that users limit the number of computer applications while viewing videos.
- How do I move my previous course galleries into my new course?
Each new quarter/semester instructors need to import their courses by clicking the "Import Course" link on the left menu.
Then go to Gallery Management section and click "move" near the old course galleries.
This will take the instructor to a page that allows them to move their old course galleries to a new current course.
- Is there training on how to use DU CourseMedia?
Our DU CourseMedia support team can provide instructors with one-on-one training.
Please contact either email@example.com to schedule an appointment.
- How do my students access my DU CourseMedia galleries?
- Instruct them to go to DU CourseMedia at http://coursemedia.du.edu/
- Students must have the latest Flash player installed before they can login. The Flash Player download is located on http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
- Students should use their university banner ID and passcode to login.
- Upon login, a student should see gallery icon(s) that represent a particular instructor course gallery on the DU CourseMedia homepage.
Click on the thumbnail to access the instructor gallery.
Note that students can only see course galleries that have been made available which is represented by the green dot on the instructor DU CourseMedia homepage.
- Once on the gallery page, a student can see all the gallery objects and click on any gallery object to view it in detail. If a student clicked on a video clip object, they will have access to play the video.
- DU CourseMedia Awards and Articles